At The Remington our Environmental Policy is based on a belief that the environment is the responsibility of all persons. Prevention of pollution and a proactive approach to environmental protection is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
A clean and unpolluted environment is an important asset and its protection is our responsibility.
The objectives of our Environmental Policy are:
- To comply with all laws, statutory obligations, Regulations and Codes of Practice;
- To identify and control all potential environmental hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation and training.
- To make environmental awareness an integral part of our business.
- To prevent pollution.
- To ensure the environment is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the least possible destructive manner to the environment;
- To ensure all potential pollution accident/incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To strive to conserve resources such as water, energy, and reduce waste.
The success of our environmental management is dependent on:
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing environmental controls that are suitable to each given situation.
- Understanding the total work process and associated environmental risks.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.